Ezreal is a special kind of Carry AD, who inflicts as much magic damage as physical damage and uses his spells a lot. He is a fragile champion who bases his impact on his range and hybrid damage.
It is therefore important to use items that allow him to reinforce his self-attacks as well as his spells such as Trinity Force.
Ezreal uses a lot of mana so he is an ideal candidate to buy a Muramana.
How to play Ezreal
Ezreal is a character with very good mobility and a considerable poke. His strength lies in the constant harassment of his opponent from the very beginning of the game.
- Level 1: Choose Q - Mystic Shot to harass the opponent. Don't hesitate to use it to help you farm.
- Level 2: Eliminate the 9th minion of the lane to go to level 2, try to get him before the enemies. Opt for E - Arcane Shift in order to attack your opponent or to get to safety in case of heavy aggression.
At the beginning of the game, you remain very dependent on your support. It will give the rhythm to take according to the champion. Nevertheless, with Ezreal, opt rather for passive gameplay, using Q - Mystic Shot to harass opponents.
On your first back with Ezreal, buy a Tear of the Goddess. Then start with a Sheen that you will use to make a Trinity Force or an Iceborne Gauntlet, then finish your Muramana. Later in the game, you will buy another Tear of the Goddess and then buy your Blade of the Ruined King.
- /!\ WARNING: Don't finish your Archangel's Staff before you have your Muramana, otherwise you will get your Seraph's Embrace before your Muramana.
Use your Q - Mystic Shot to the maximum to get your Tears of the Goddess filled as quickly as possible. This is a time-consuming piece of equipment to set up, but once you've collected all the items, you'll inflict heavy damage. Ezreal is a team character, so stay as much as possible with your teammates, without neglecting the farm. Your role is to reduce your opponents' hit points as much as possible before your team engages in combat. You are particularly powerful in the middle of the game, once your Shine item and your Muramana are completed.
Tips & Tricks
- Always keep your E - Arcane Shift in reserve so that you can escape from difficult situations.
- You can use your E - Arcane Shift then Flash quickly afterward to extend the range of the spell's effect.
- Your E - Arcane Shift can cancel some remote crowd controls, provided you have the right timing. Cast the spell at the moment you are about to be hit to teleport yourself, even after being controlled. This effect is especially powerful against grabs such as Blitzcrank's.
- W - Essential Flux increases the attack speed of your allies and charges your Passive - Rising Spell Force. Use it to besiege towers or neutral objectives while trying to reach as many allies as possible.
- Your R - Trueshot Barrage does more damage to the first target hit. Try to hit your enemy directly with it. It is also difficult to place, do not hesitate to wait for a crowd control on the enemy to be sure to reach it.
- Q - Mystic Shot reduces Ezreal's cooldowns by 1.5 seconds. Use the maximum on minions or enemies to recover your spells as quickly as possible.
- At the beginning of teamfights, make sure to put your R - Trueshot Barrage on as many people as possible to have your liabilities charged directly.
- It is impossible to interrupt the channeling of your R - Trueshot Barrage (except by killing you). If you are about to undergo a control that you cannot dodge, using it will allow you to delay while inflicting damage.
- When Ezreal hits a target with a skill, his attack speed increases by 10/12/14% (at levels 1/7/13) for 6 seconds. This effect is cumulative up to 5 times. Use your spells regularly on minions or jungle monsters to get ready to fight.