Karma begins with a classic AP support start, complete with Spellthief's Edge and 2 Healing Potions.
- Boots of Mobility are very useful to provide vision or to accompany your teammates' roams.
- You can opt for Ionian Boots of Lucidity if you know that you'll need 10% less cooldown for your spells to reach maximum cooldown.
- If not, go for the classic Sorcerer's Shoes.
- Ardent Censer as a first item greatly increases the effectiveness of your healings and shields, providing more damage to your team too.
- Locket of the Iron Solari and Redemption also are very good items on Karma.
Some situational items are viable and adapt to your needs such as Mikael's Crucible to free an ally from a hindrance, Athene's Unholy Grail to improve the impact of your shields or Zeke's Convergence.
Karma is a utility support that has a huge poke capacity at the beginning of the game, so you will have to abuse it to win your lane.
- Level 1: Help your ADC to push your lane to reach level 2 quickly.
- Level 2: Harass your opponents with your R - Mantra on your Q - Inner Flame to inflict heavy damage to your opponents and protect your carry with your E - Inspire.
Tips & Tricks
- W - Focused Resolve under R - Mantra allows you to get back your health if you are in difficulty during fights. Combined with E - Inspire, you will be able to delay a lot of enemy damage.
- Mana is an aspect of Karma not to be neglected. In order to function well, you will need mana regeneration otherwise you will run out of mana too often and not be of much use.
- Don't hesitate to use your shield offensively so that your ADC can take advantage of the movement speed bonus to put some free auto-attacks on enemies.
- The combination R - Mantra on your Q - Inner Flame is to be used in the first levels, because it will slow down the enemies but it will especially do lots of damage.