Kassadin is an assassin with unparalleled mobility and damage. On the other hand, his mana costs are very high, especially on his R - Riftwalk. The mana items have priority. It is therefore necessary to wait until later in the game to choose situational items.
Zhonya's Hourglass vs Rabadon's Deathcap
The invincibility provided by the active stasis allows Kassadin to recover R - Riftwalk to get out of the most dangerous situations.
Rabadon's Deathcap brings a lot of power to Kassadin, allowing him to assassinate the most resistant targets.
Kassadin is very weak before his level 6, so you have to try to survive and get enough money first.
- Level 1: Use Q - Null Sphere on your opponent as often as possible, especially when your opponent is about to inflict damage with a spell.
- Level 2: Take W - Nether Blade and use it as often as possible to regenerate your mana.
- Level 3: Increase your E - Force Pulse again to maximize your poke.
From Level 6 use the mobility provided by R - Riftwalk to put pressure on your midlaner. This will give you the opportunity to pick up kills on your other opponents. Be careful however to watch your mana. Each use of R - Riftwalk increases your damage but doubles the mana cost. Use your resources intelligently in order to succeed in your assassinations.
In teamfight don't stay too close to your team. Wait for your allies to make diversion to surprise your enemies by arriving by another side.
Tips & Tricks
- Your Passive - Void Stone reduces magical damage by 15%. Kassadin is therefore better against a composition with a lot of AP.
- Q - Null Orb interupt channelings like the ultimate of Katarina.
- W - Nether Blade gives much more mana when landing on a champion than on minions.
- W - Nether Blade reset your auto-attack cooldown.
- R - Riftwalk double its mana cost with each use but also increases its damage. There are 5 stages, from 50 to 800 mana. Use your spell several times before trying to assassinate your target. This will maximize your damage.
- You can use your Flash during the animation of R - Riftwalk in a straight line in order to cover more distance, the damage will take place at your final position.