Mordekaiser is a mage with high damage but a fairly short range. His spells give him great survivability, which allows him to compensate for this handicap.
Doran's Shield is the classic starting item for Mordekaiser, accompanied by a Health Potion. It will help you maximize your sustain during the early-game.
If you're playing against an AD Champion, then pick up a pair of Ninja Tabi, otherwise opt for Mercury's Treads if your opponent has a lot of crowd controls. You can also choose the Sorcerer's Shoes if you want to maximize your damage.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter gives you AP and HP, the stats that Mordekaiser loves, plus a passive that will slow down your opponents when you hit them with your spells.
- Liandry's Torment offers stats similar to Rylai'sScepter while perfectly synergizing with it. It will heavily increase your damage once in the melee with your passive activated.
- Morellonomicon gives you AP and HP, and will reduce your opponents' healing by half when you hit them with your spells.
- Rabadon will increase your damage enormously if you are ahead of the game and want to crush your opponents.
- Zhonya's Hourglass will allow you to stall for a few seconds to allow your allies to follow and save your life. In addition, your passive will continue to burn enemies close to you.
- The combo Rylai + Liandry gives you enough damage against tanks, but a Void Staff will ensure that you can also burst your targets.
- Mordekaiser lacking gap closer, Hextech Protobelt can allow you to catch your targets more easily. It's also a good item to depush minion waves.
How to play Mordekaiser
Mordekaiser has a pretty powerful poke, sustain, and punishing damage on extended trades. A hand-to-hand match-up will be easier than a mage or poker that will be constantly out of his reach.
- Level 1: You will take Q - Obliterate to help you last hit and poke from level 1 if you can.
- Level 2: E - Death's Grasp hold will allow you to trade most champions by easily activating your liabilities to demolish your opponent in hand-to-hand combat.
- Level 3: Take W - Indestructible. Now in possession of your three spells, you can collect health points when you run out, protect yourself from a burst, and trade whenever you want.
- Level 6: R - Realm of the Dead can be used in different ways: transform a 1v2 into a 1v1, trap an opponent under your turn, prevent an opponent from fleeing, delay the arrival of your allies, etc. Think about your options and use this trump at the right time.
Tips & Tricks
- Use Q - Obliterate after E - Death's Grasp to make sure you don't miss, and follow up with a basic attack to activate your Passive.
- If you ever get caught alone, remember to use R - Realm of Death to take at least one of them to the grave with you.
- Since R - Realm of Death forces a 1v1 situation, you can use it to save an ally by isolating his attacker.
- Use R - Realm of Death on the enemy jungler during a fight with the Dragon or Baron Nashor so that he can't smite the monster!