Zilean begins the game with the Spellthief's Edge and Potions.
- The Boots of Lucidity are adapted to Zilean which bases its impact in part on the CDR. However, you may prefer Sorcerer's Shoes to increase your damage.
- The Boots of Mobility allow you to move around the map very quickly, useful if you don't plan to stay in a botlane only during the lane phase.
- Shard of True Ice will give you something to ward. You'll also get bonus stats like AP.
- Hextech GLP-800 allows you to slow down your enemies. Combined with E - Time Warp, you can slow down your enemies over a very long period of time...
- The Twin Shadows are in the same perspective of the game, they will allow you to catch up and reveal enemies out of range.
- Shurelya's Reverie allows you to initiate a fight after slowing down your enemies with the asset of Twin Shadows for example.
- If you fear for your life and R - Chronoshift is not enough for you, turn to an Zhonya's Hourglass against assassins and a Banshee's Veil if an enemy spell is recurrently bothering you.
- If you want more burst from the start of the game, Luden's Echoes is an alternative to the Hextech GLP-800.
- If you want more damage during the game, Rabadon's Deathcap will drastically increase the damage of Q - Time Bomb.
How to play Zilean
- Level 1: Q - Time Bomb will allow you to poke the opponent's carry when it comes last hit the henchmen. Placed on your jungler when he ganked, you will be able to add good damage on the initiation of the skirmish by your jungler.
- Level 2: W - Rewind will allow you to place 2 Time Bombs to inflict heavy damage and stun a carry to punish him, or simply to stop an aggressive support who comes to try to catch your ADC.
- Level 3: E - Time Warp provides you with a good escape, or, coupled with your stun, a way to punish a fragile misplaced opponent by preventing him from retreating.
- Level 6: You can be very aggressive from level 6, your ultimate weapon allowing you to offer a life to one of your allies or yourself, enough to dive your opponents easily with the help of your jungler.
Tips & Tricks
- Your combo Q - Time Bomb + W - Rewind + Q - Time Bomb offers you very important damages at the beginning of the game.
- Your ultimate R - Chronoshift allows you to fake your opponents and assures you not to die.
- Try to use your Q - Time Bombs on allied champions who can engage. They will then deliver them to the opposing team.
- Once you've got your 40% cooldown, use your W - Rewind as soon as it's available to always have your spells at your disposal.
- Passive - Time in a Bottle allows you to level your allies prematurely. Feel free to use it on allies at levels 5,10,15 to allow them to put an extra point in their ultimate faster.