Lux is a mage who scales a lot on magical power. Accumulate enough AP and magical penetration and your combo will be able to kill any target that is not very tanky. For this, Luden's Echo, Rabadon's Deathcap, Sorcerer's Shoes, Morellonomicon and Void Staff will be indispensable. To protect yourself from enemy assassins, use the Zhonya's Hourglass.
The Mejai's Soulstealer is a double-edged sword. It can be used to win a game, but it can also make you very late. Lux's range and shield allow you to win Mejai stacks quickly by combining kills and assists. Try to die as little as possible, it greatly reduces the efficiency of Mejai.
Lich Bane combines very well with your Passive - Illumination. It allows you to inflict the extra damage that allows you to one-shot your opponent. In addition, its stats offer power, mana, reduced cooldown and movement speed: perfect for Lux! This item is also very good for splitpush (quickly destroying buildings).
Lux is a very powerful mage who can kill her opponents in a single blow.
- Level 1: Choose E - Lucent Singularity and start poking your opponent. Don't forget to put an auto-attack after your spell if you have hit your opponent in order to trigger Passive - Illumination.
- Level 2: Choose Q - Light binding. The spell will be perfect in case of a gank from your jungler to kill your opponent.
In the first levels, try to concentrate on farming while trying to poke your opponent. It's important to decrease your enemy's life as much as possible in order to push your jungle to gank. It is easy to make a kill notably thanks to your Q - Light binding.
Your poke is also interesting to push your opponent to back and thus take advantage of the farm and experience. At level 6, you can almost kill your opponent in one go thanks to R - Final spark. Try to surprise him when you pass level 6 using the combo Q - E - R. Be careful with your placement if you push a little too much, Lux is easily gankable due to her lack of movement.
In teamfight, your placement is the most important. Stay at a maximum distance using your spells. You have a lot of range, use this to your advantage. Try as much as possible to imprison your opponents with your Q - Light Binding. At the end of the game, it will be easy for you to one-shot any character with limited health.
Tips & Tricks
- It is very important to use Passive - Illumination whenever you have the opportunity and inflict very large amounts of damage, even at the end of the game.
- Q - Light Binding can be extended to hit a second target, you can throw it at a minion or a champion to hit a champion hiding behind.
- Slowing down a target with E - Lucent Singularity makes it easier to place Q - Light Binding.
- W - Prismatic Barrier is a spell that applies once on the way out and once on the way back, so you can take twice as much damage if you use it in the direction you're moving.
- E - Lucent Singularity gives vision, so you don't have to go face check a bush.
- It is best to use R - Final Spark on a stationary target or in a jungle corridor to hit as many opponents as possible.
- Block the first two minions of a wave with Q - Light Binding to force them to regroup more quickly and thus be able to kill them easily with E - Lucent Singularity.