Yasuo is an outstanding fighter capable of inflicting enormous damage. The passive Way of the Wanderer doubles your chances of dealing a critical strike. With a Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge, Yasuo has a 100% critical strike chance. You can adapt your items to the opposing team to optimize your resistance and keep you alive.
- Berserker's Greaves will increase your DPS, this is your default choice since the attack speed reduces the cooldown of your main spell Q - Steel Tempest.
- Mercury's Treads is a good option against over-controlling the enemy team.
- Statikk Shiv gives you a 50% chance of critical hits and pushes the lane very quickly.
- Infinity Edge allows you to reach 100% critical strike chance and therefore increases the damage of all your automatic attacks and your Q - Steel Storm.
- Sterak's Gage will prevent you from getting burst and will give you more freedom in combat.
- If you don't trust match-up, Phantom Dancer can be a good alternative to the Statikk Shiv
- If the enemy's composition is more AP than AD, Maw of Malmortius will be better than Sterak's Gage. Be careful not to cumulate one of these items with the Phantom Dancer.
- Guardian Angel will allow you to continue the fight after being put down.
- Mercurial Scimitar is a good choice if you are afraid of enemy control, otherwise choose Bloodthirst, it will give you more damage and life stealing.
- If you want more HPs, the Frozen Mallet will give you what you need. Your attacks will also slow down your enemies.
How to play Yasuo
Yasuo is a good duelist. However, he excels in team battles if your allies can throw enemies into the air: R - Last Breath can then inflict heavy damage. Combine this with guaranteed critical hits and you have one of the best carry at the end of the game. Don't forget to use W - Wind Wall to block enemy projectiles, or to prevent the opponent's ADC from applying its base attacks.
Yasuo's main weakness lies in his kit, which allows you to create many opportunities, but also to misplace yourself and be easily punished.
During the lane phase, adapt your way of playing according to your opponent :
- In hand-to-hand match-ups: you are generally at an advantage and you can use your mobility to take advantageous exchanges.
- In ranged match-ups: Use E - Sweeping Blade to dodge spells and play in a more passive way, in order to get as many minions as possible.
The order of spells is still similar, however:
- Level 1: Use Q - Steel Storm to get minions without putting yourself in too much danger.
- Level 2: Use E - Sweeping Blade on two minions before using it on your opponent, then use an opponent's minion again to get out of the fight. With these exchanges, you can apply damage without putting yourself in too much danger.
In teamfight :
Before entering the melee, charge Q - Steel Tempest so that you can send a tornado on several enemies and follow it with R - Last Breath. If you have an ally with a projection, such as Malphite or Lee Sin, just be prepared to follow their ultimate fate with yours to initiate a devastating combo. Try using W - Wind Wall to absorb as many of your opponent's shots as possible, or to force the ADC to reposition itself.
Tips & Tricks
- Q - Steel Tempest increases in range and causes a tornado sending your enemies into the air every third charge.
You can use Flash during the animation of Q - Steel Tempest to surprise a distant opponent.
- Use Q - Steel Tempest just after E - Sweeping Blade to inflict area damage and possible projection.
- W - Wind Wall gives you the vision on a small area. Use it to give you the vision on an enemy hit by a tornado in a bush so you can use R - Last Breath.
- Yasuo can throw W - Wind Wall during E - Sweeping Blade.
- E - Sweeping Blade always makes you charge at the same distance whether you are close or far from your target. You can use this to get through even the thinnest walls.
- You can cancel the auto-attack animation with E - Sweeping Blade.
- Each successive charge of E - Sweeping Blade inflicts 25% more damage up to a total of 50%.
- Airblade: If you are within range of a target hit by one of your tornadoes use E - Q before triggering R - Last Breath. This allows you to maximize your damage and accumulate a charge of Q - Steel Storm.
- Beyblade: When your tornado is charged you can E - Q on a target and Flash to the champion you want R - Last Breath. This combo is unavoidable for the opponent if he is in range.
- Keyblade: This is a combination of the above two techniques. First the Beyblade followed by an Airblade while the enemy is in the air. Either: E - Q - Flash - E - Q - R. Note: This combo is only possible with sufficient self-attacking speed.