Ashe is an AD Carry who specializes in slowing her opponents.
She benefits from rather high damage potential at the beginning of the game, which will increase as the game progresses. Its ability to harass on the way is incredible, notably thanks to W - Volley, so you might find better to go for cooldown reduction and damages.
Opt for Doran's Blade and a Potion, Ashe being an ADC with a very large range she can afford to go with this start since she won't get too much poked if she has a minimum correct placement.
Opt for Berserker's Greaves, this will give Ashe a lot of DPS and therefore will also allow for more slowing auto-attacks.
In very rare cases, you might need to choose Tabi Ninja or Mercury's Treads instead, depending on whether the enemy team is full AD or has a lot of controls.
- Blade of the Ruined King offers attack speed and lifesteal which are ideal to improve Ashe's damage at the beginning of the game.
- Runaan's Hurricane synergizes perfectly with its slowing down passive that can affect up to 2 extra people.
- Infinity Edge is a very common item for ADCs, it increases the damage output. Since Ashe doesn't inflict any real critical damage, it will drastically increase the damage of Ashe's passive with its ad amount, passive and criticals.
- Guardian Angel allows Ashe to get a little resistance, damage and most importantly to survive an assassin who focus her. So it is a very common object in ADCs for its versatility especially at the end of games.
- Phantom Dancer is an item that will give you more DPS, but also greater survivability. If you don't feel in danger, choose a Rapid Firecannon for more range or a Statikk's Shiv for zone damage (synergizes well with Runaan's Hurricane).
- Mercurial Scimitar allows Ashe to regenerate himself even more through her auto attacks in addition to giving magic resistances, damage and an activatable anti-checking passive that can be very useful against enemy engagements as well as for an ultimate Sejuani which can potentially save Ashe from certain death.
- Essence Reaver is an alternative to the classic build at the beginning of the game. If you buy this item, try to play especially around your spells to poke your opponents.
How to Play Ashe
Ashe is a powerful and useful AD Carry from the beginning to the end of the game. She can inflict so much damage from the start, in particular due to her long range and ability to punish overextending opponents with her W - Volley. Coupled with her Passive - Frost Shot slow, she can chase her enemies indefinitely.
- Level 1: Choose W - Volley to harass your opponents from a distance.
- Level 2: If your support is all about engaging the enemy, Q - Ranger's Focus is the best solution as the ability increases the attack speed, damage and slow you inflict.
- Level 3: A highly useful ability, E - Hawkshot gives you vision anywhere on the map. As well as locating enemies on the map, this is an incredibly practical tool if Ashe or her support want to roam into the enemy jungle to place a ward.
The global initiation provided by her R - Enchanted Crystal Arrow makes her a great asset as an engager in team fights, no matter where she is on the map. The longer the distance, the more the length of the stun increases until it reaches 3 seconds.
However, Ashe remains dependent on the support of her allies in team fighting, as her lack of mobility means positioning is crucial — you will have to inflict maximum damage on the opposing team while staying safe behind your teammates.
Tips & Tricks
- The slowdown provided by Ashe's abilities makes her a champion who excels in "kiting" — attacking while moving, so you can inflict maximum damage while maintaining a defensive position.
- Feel free to use your ultimate to catch out isolated targets, giving you or your teammates an opportunity to eliminate them from any potential teamfight.
- Q - Ranger's Focus drastically increases your DPS, but its recovery time is quite long. Use it mainly against opposing champions in order to win exchanges.
- The number of targets hit by W - Volley increases the number of stacks needed to activate Q - Ranger's Focus, so use it to surprise your enemies and quickly increase your DPS.
- The passive slow of your abilities is doubled when Q - Ranger's Focus is active, increasing the ability to "kite" or chase down an opponent for elimination.