Astralis have announced their lineup for the 2021 League of Legends European Championship (LEC) season on Nov. 17, 16 hours after the start of the free agency season:
- Top: Matti "Whiteknight" Sormunen — last seen in the LEC/EU LCS on Unicorns of Love in 2018, won the 2019 European Masters summer tournament
- Jungle: Nikolay "Zanzarah" Akatov — won the 2020 European Masters summer tournament, was an emergency substitute for Origen in 2019
- Mid: Erlend "Nukeduck" Holm — sole remaining member of the 2019 and 2020 Origen squads
- AD carry: Jesper "Jeskla" Klarin — last seen in the LEC on Excel Esports in 2019, reached the EU Masters bracket stage twice in a row in 2020 on mousesports
- Support: Hampus "promisq" Abrahamsson — half of mousesports' bot lane duo, one that dominated the German circuit and wreaked havoc at EU Masters
The lineup's core was initially reported by Esportmaniacos' Pablo "Bloop" Suarez as Zanzarah, Jeskla and promisq were rumored to play for the lineup on Oct. 26, 2020. Independent journalist Jacob Wolf later confirmed the findings, adding that Whiteknight had joined the lineup in the top lane. From the roster that competed in the 2019 LEC season, only Nukeduck remains.
The signing also means that the bulk of AGO Rogue's roster, which won the 2020 European Masters summer tournament, has moved to the LEC. Support Adrian "Trymbi" Trybus has officially joined Rogue's LEC lineup, and jungler Zanzarah has returned to the organization that hosted him in 2019. Meanwhile, top laner Mathias "Szygenda" Jensen is reportedly replacing Lucas "Cabochard" Simon-Meslet at Team Vitality, and mid laner Paweł "Czekolad" Szczepanik may have found a home within Excel Esports.