Gold pieces (GP) are the base currency in WoW Classic, and will allow you to purchase a lot of different items. From mounts, to consumables needed in PvP & PvE, to whatever even catches your eye at the Auction House, you'll spend a lot of money during your time in Azeroth. Here is our complete guide dedicated to efficient farming.
Enchanting is without a doubt the best profession in terms of profit, given the fact that having only 5 skill points allows you to disenchant any item, including Raid boss drops!
However, in order to maximize the efficiency of this profession, we strongly recommend focusing on high-level enchantments, in particular Enchant Weapon – Crusader, which will be highly demanded. But don't forget that other recipes are also viable!
As soon as you've learnt these enchants, announce it in the Trade Channel of your faction's capital, and you should receive a fair few replies. You'll make more money if the buyer isn't able to provide the reagents and if the enchantment is of a high quality.
There are many differences between WoW Classic and Battle for Azeroth. From graphics to professions and PvP, we offer a comparison between the first version of the game and how it exists today.
Very high-level alchemists are rare in WoW Classic, and the services they offer are priceless for any guild looking to raid.
Flasks are indeed very hard to craft as they require very rare components and must be crafted on an alchemy table, which is only available at Blackwing Lair and at Scholomance. If you manage to get your hands on a recipe for these flasks, every high level guild will come begging for your services!
For alchemists not looking to raid and who do not have access to flasks, there are plenty of other great ways to earn money. A good example is purchasing Recipe: Frost Oil, sold by Bro’Kin in Alterac Mountains. Frost Oil is needed by high level players for a famous and important speedrun: The Dire Maul Tribute Run, for which the completion of A Broken Trap is essential. Make the most of this demand!
Of course, one of the most important recipes for all gold-seeking alchemists is Recipe: Major Mana Potion. There are two ways to obtain it:
- By killing Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance, but the drop rate is quite low (around 6%).
- By completing the chain of quests given by Eva Sarkhoff at the entrance of Scholomance, which starts with Doctor Theolen Krastinov, The Butcher and ends with Kirtonos the Herald, and rewards you with Spectral Essence. As soon as you obtain the Spectral Essence, equip it in one of your trinket slots, then return to the entrance of Scholomance and look for the ghost named Magnus Frostwake. He will sell you the recipe.
Note: Magnus Frostwake can be seen by Priests using The Eye of Divinity in one of their trinket slots, avoiding the need to get Spectral Essence.
Finally, if you manage to get your hands on Recipe: Transmute Arcanite, all plate armour users from far and wide will beg you to make them high-level armour, not even mentioning those looking to craft Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros and Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. The price of Arcanite Bar is incredibly high and this is one of the most reliable ways to get gold as a high level alchemist.
WoW Classic sounds the return of a long and demanding leveling process, requiring patience and rigour. To make your task a bit easier, we offer some tips for both Horde and the Alliance, whatever your class: addons, zones, PvP, instances and more.
Overall, tailors need not be envious of other professions, as they are the only ones who can craft bags, which are needed by absolutely everyone. From the Core Felcloth Bag for Warlocks, to the Bottomless Bag, and even specific bags such as the Big Bag of Enchantment, there are lots of different ways to make money!
However, if variety is not to your taste, there is still the possibility of farming much-needed high level patterns, such as Pattern: Gloves of Spell Mastery and Pattern: Belt of the Archmage. The components are worth a fortune, but you can charge an even higher commission!
Finally, whether you are a tailor or not, cloth is also a great way to make tons of gold. The most valuable ones are:
- Mooncloth (For Tailors: Pattern: Mooncloth is sold by Qia in Everlook, Winterspring.
- Felcloth, the best farming locations being in Felwood and Azshara respectively, from Jadefire and Legashi Satyrs.
- Runecloth, the best places to farm it being at Dire Maul, from Twilight Cultists in Silithus, and from Zul’Mashar Trolls in the Eastern Plaguelands.
Of course, don't rule out farming other types of cloth, as they'll still earn you a tidy penny!
In World of Warcraft Classic, addons are an integral part of the player experience. In order to help you prepare, we've drawn up a selection of the best WoW Classic addons, whether for leveling, PvE, PvP, or basic interface improvements.
Chefs provide food for the auction house, and those who are able to get the best recipes can quickly create a monopoly for a brief spell, gaining a ton of cash in the process.
Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight is one of the most popular recipes, not only because it gives the consumer a random buff, making it strong at a high level, but also simply because it allows you to transform into a pirate or a ninja for an hour. A whole lot of players will be after the Savoury Deviate Delight and will be prepared to spend a lot of money to obtain it, given its rarity as a World drop in The Barrens.
In addition, food is a good way to earn gold at a high level. Recipes generally aren’t that difficult to farm and can provide a guaranteed profit, even if it is not as much as that offered by other primary professions.
Objects to farm
Farming is not the easiest in WoW Classic, but it is very lucrative if you spend a bit of time looking for the right items. Here is a list of the most sought after items and their locations:
- Disgusting Oozeling: This is one of the rarest pets in WoW Classic. It can be obtained by killing Oozes and Slimes in Felwood and Western Plaguelands, but it has a very low drop rate, leading to an incredibly high resale price.
- Zesty Clam Flesh: Very useful for players looking to raise their Cooking skill, they are found in Big-Mouth Clams, which can be found on Steeljaw Snappers on the northern coast of Tanaris.
- Turtle Scale: Very useful for players looking to raise their Leatherworking skill, they can be collected from Steeljaw Snappers on the northern coast of Tanaris and Mudrock Spikeshells in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Righteous Orb: This is one of the most valuable high level reagents, especially as it is used for Enchant Weapon - Crusader, but it is also used in other high level recipes. These orbs can mainly be farmed in Tyr's Hand in the Eastern Plaguelands, but they can also be found in Stratholme.
- Tiny Crimson Whelpling: One of the rarest pets in the game, it can be farmed from Red Whelps and Crimson Whelps in the Wetlands. Its drop rate very low, so its market price is extremely high.
- Dark Whelpling: One of the rarest pets in the game, it can be farmed from Searing Whelps in Dustwallow Marsh and from Scalding Whelps in the Badlands. Its drop rate is very low, so its market price is monstrously high.
- Tiny Emerald Whelpling: One of the rarest pets in the game, it can be found on Dreaming Whelps in the Swamp of Sorrows. It has a very low drop rate, and so commands a very high retail price.
- Chimaerok Tenderloin: This is the main ingredient needed to make the best food for Tanks in WoW Classic: Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops. The most effective place to farm them is on the Isle of Dread, to the west of Feralas. Once you make it there, your goal should be to kill every chimera in sight. However, you will have to go as a group, as they are all level 60 elites!
Rogues have great ways to earn gold easily thanks to their unique Lockpicking skill that allows them to open locked chests like the Eternium Lockbox. If you choose to play a Rogue, make sure to level this skill up, as it will be very profitable for you! Once you've become a high level lock-picker, tell the Trade Channel of your Faction's Capital that you are willing to pick some locks. You should receive a lot of good offers for just a few moments of your time.
In addition, you can also go to Lower Blackrock Spire and use your second unique skill, Pick Pocket, to steal lots of Lockboxes from humanoid creatures in this Instance. You can then either sell them to those desperately trying to raise their reputation with Ravenholdt for a good price, or open them to obtain items of varying quality that you can later sell back to the Auction House.
World of Warcraft: Classic guide to the Rogue class. We take a look at all 3 specs — Assassination, Combat and Subtlety. We'll explore the specs and reveal how you can harness them to your will. We give you an overview below.
Finally, one of the most effective ways to earn a lot of gold is through speculation at the Auction House. This is a time-consuming activity and a significant gold investment at the beginning, but if you're able to establish a monopoly over one or multiple important resources in the Auction House over a long period of time, you will quickly become one of the richest players on your server. This also requires good market knowledge, so you must be aware of what high level players really are looking for and be able to profit off this information through by buying and reselling items.
Written by Laerezh. Translated from the French by Millenium.