Extremely useful for completing your weekly challenges at the last minute, Fortnite's Team Rumble mode will be subject to a few changes with the deployment of Chapter 2 Season 2. The information comes from Epic Games developer "DustyDevot", who did a Q&A this week. The employee explains that the Team Rumble mode will be in the spotlight at the beginning of next season, and that it will be quickly made dynamic.
It's true that the mode currently remains unbalanced in terms of action. The first 5 minutes are devoted to collecting materials and weapons and the whole second part of the game is a joyful general fight, in a very small area.
Here are the changes that Epic Games could make on this game mode:
- All players will start the Team Rumble game with several hundred units of materials on them, in order to dive into the action faster.
- All weapons found will be of blue or higher quality.
- Doing a kill will siphon 25 health points.
- The circles will be less systematically "in the center" of the previous one.
- Potential increase in the number of kills giving victory to either team.
- Potential change in the way the Glider is taken into account in the inventory.
These changes are still to be taken with a pinch of salt as Epic Games hasn't officially confirmed their deployment. Chapter 2 Season 2 will start on February 20, and will notably bring a change in the game's physics engine that will allow the destroyed structures to collapse in a realistic way.
What if one of the next Fortnite skins on the show is a Harley Quinn? The battle royale's official Twitter account gave a clue to what might be an upcoming partnership with the DC Universe character.